South Australia to enter 6-day lockdown as of midnight tonight
Here we have provided an update regarding our response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and the measures we have implemented. The health and wellbeing of our Customers, employees, families and stakeholders are our highest priority. We want to reassure you we are here to support you and assist you with any concerns during these challenging times.
South Australia Restrictions:
An announcement was made today, 18 November that South Australia will be locked down for six days as of midnight tonight.
As we are an essential service, we will continue to provide supports to Customers whilst also keeping their health and wellbeing at the forefront every step of the way. As part of our risk management strategy, we have implemented the following actions for the next 14 days to best support our Customers.
- Community access has unfortunately been put on hold. We can support Customers to the shops for groceries; however, we would like to minimise this where possible. Lifestyle Attendants can attend the shops on behalf of Customers to obtain essential items.
- There will be 3 Lifestyle Attendants rostered between 7 am – 12 midnight each day to cover emergency shifts when required, where staff have been requested to isolate or are unable to do shifts.
- We will have dedicated Lifestyle Attendants available to deliver PPE equipment if Customers/staff are low on supply.
Although recent restrictions have been put in place regarding community access, we have implemented ways to stay connected with Customers and keep important lines of social interaction open.
- There will be two Coffee Clubs each week via Zoom, facilitated by Enhanced Lifestyles to keep connected with Customers.
- We are happy to arrange Lifestyle Attendants to give Customers a social and wellbeing call via over the phone or video instead of missing out on community access visits. This will allow Customers to have a chat with a friendly voice and to keep socially connected with their community.
- Our head office will be operating with minimal staff in the office for the next 14 days.
- Service Delivery will be fully staffed in the office to handle any Customer and employee enquiries regarding shifts. Please be patient whilst calling through to the office as we are experiencing high levels of calls during this time. Alternatively, you can email our Service Delivery team via email@example.com
- All other departments will be working from home to ensure that the office isn’t overcrowded. If you need to contact another department besides service delivery, please call the office, and your call will be directed.
SA Health Advice:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and warm water.
- If you are infected, maintain at least a minimum of 1.5 metres distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, or shaking hands with others.
- Make sure you follow good hygiene and encourage others to do the same. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and disposing of any used tissues immediately.
- Stay home if you feel unwell to minimise the risk of infecting others.
- Keep up to date on the latest hotspots (cities or local areas where the pandemic is spreading widely). If possible, avoid travelling to these places – especially if you are more at risk.
- For customers and employees, if you are or are likely to be contagious, notify Enhanced Lifestyles as soon as possible.
We understand that this is a challenging time for everyone. We must continue to work together to provide the supports that our Customers require to live an independent lifestyle.