A message from the CEO
On behalf of Enhanced Lifestyles, I wanted to take this opportunity to ensure that you are safe and well. I acknowledge that this is a difficult time for everyone in the community, but rest assured, we are here to support you during these times. Every decision we are making is for the health and wellbeing of our Customers, employees, families and stakeholders.
We have implemented measures to ensure our Customers receive the fundamental supports they require, this includes:
- A COVID-19 business continuity plan to ensure services continue to operate, you can view this here COVID-19 Business Continuity Plan – Plain English Version
- Providing additional gloves and hand sanitiser for personal care and complex health supports
- A dedicated shopping service for Customers that have difficulty accessing the community for groceries, medication and other essential supplies
- A counselling service to support the emotional wellbeing of our Customers
- Staying digitally connected with our Customers via phone call and Zoom
- Transferring training to an online platform for our Lifestyle Attendants to best support Customers during these times
Enhanced Lifestyles will continue to follow advice from the Australian Government and Department of Health and Human Services and will provide updates as it develops.
I thank you for your dedication and commitment whilst we all get through this together, stay well and be safe.
Head Office Update
As of Monday 30th March, we will have several Head Office employees working from home. This is to ensure social distancing is being adhered to and compliance with restrictions implemented by the Australian Government. Service Delivery will continue to be staffed as per usual to assist Customers and Lifestyle Attendants during these times.
An alternating roster has been put in place for Head Office staff (not including Service Delivery). Half are currently working from home for two weeks whilst the other half are working in the office. After two weeks the staff working from home will switch to the office, and those who were working in the office will work from home. This structure will continue until restrictions have officially been lifted and It is safe for the office to be fully staffed.
To customers and employees, The COVID-19 Pandemic is presenting new challenges every day for everyone, especially for some individuals with disabilities who have compromised immunity and or respiratory conditions. As well as this, each day, more and more people in the community are facing job loss and financial hardship.
We appreciate that this is very concerning time for all, and we want to do everything in our power to help support the emotional wellbeing of all stakeholders of the organisation by offering 1 paid hour of counselling. To access the program, please Senior Admin Officer Debra Anderson on 8340 2000 or via email@example.com who register your details and advise you of the process.
We will provide the following collection and delivery options for you to choose from:
Collection by a Lifestyle Attendant/individual
Gloves can be collected by a Lifestyle Attendant, friend, family member or Carer from the Office by arranging an appointment in advance. To minimise risk, a collection table and sign off sheet will be situated near the training rooms and accessed via the gate which will be left open. The designated person collecting the gloves/sanitiser is required to sign the sign-off sheet before leaving the premises for tracking purposes.
Gloves can be sent via Express Post to your address
Gloves can be delivered to your address by courier by prior arrangement.
Please contact the Senior Admin Officer Debra Anderson on 8340 2000 or via firstname.lastname@example.org and advise the quantity required and which collection/delivery method you wish to choose.
COVID-19 Rate Increase
In response to the COVID-19 and the impact this is having on businesses, the NDIS have implemented a temporary increase of 10% on some supports to support the retention of workers. In accordance with this, Enhanced Lifestyles will be applying the rate increase effective as of the 25/03/2020. This 10% will be applied to current Enhanced Lifestyles rates which are below the NDIS benchmark pricing. This increase will assist with the following;
- Implementing a 5% increase to LA pay rates as of next pay cycle for the next 6 months (Annual increases will still be applicable)
- The additional costs associated with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Transitioning to online Training and Inductions
- Increased Operational Team Support
- Counselling Service and Assistance to be offered to Customers and Employees
Please be aware that this increase in pricing is only for the period of time as approved by the NDIS.
If Customers are experiencing financial difficulties or issues with packaging, Enhanced Lifestyles will look at individual cases and provide support where required. If you have any questions about this letter, please contact Enhanced Lifestyles on 8340 2000 or via email at email@example.com.
Although recent restrictions have been put in place regarding social gatherings and community access, we are implementing innovative ways to stay connected with our Customers.
We are happy to arrange Lifestyle Attendants to give Customers a social and wellbeing call via over the phone or video instead of missing out on community access visits. This will allow Customers to have chat with a friendly voice and to keep socially connected with their community.
On our team at Enhanced, is a Specialist Support Coordinator who is also qualified in counselling. If you need a confidential chat with a listening ear, please call the office on (08) 8340 2000 and we will schedule a time for you. We can also point you in the direction of further mental health supports if required.
We can arrange a video call via a program called Zoom, which is free to use. See below how the process works:
- The Enhanced Lifestyles Employee will create a unique Zoom link for a 45-minute session
- They will send you a link and a time for you to join the video call. This works with a computer, tablet, laptop and phone. To use video your computer, tablet, laptop and phone must have an in-built camera.
- Once you have received the link, click it at the scheduled time of the meeting to join. Please note that you can join the call before the official start time.
- Upon joining, you will be given the option to use video and audio. You can select both options if you choose or if you prefer audio only you may select this.
If you simply wish to have the session via phone call this can be arranged.
Customers, employees and stakeholders if you are unwell and fear you might be exposed to COVID-19 please contact Enhanced Lifestyles via (08) 8340 2000
We will remain contactable 24/7 after hours via 0433 769 157