COVID-19 Updates + Easter Travel Restrictions
Head Office Update
Due to Friday 10th April and Monday 13th April being public holidays, the majority of the operations team will not be in the office on these days. Our Service Delivery Team will be staffed throughout the Easter period to assist Customers and Lifestyle Attendants. We will still have our after-hours number operating as per usual during this period for any emergencies.
To customers and employees, The COVID-19 Pandemic is presenting new challenges every day for everyone, especially for some individuals with disabilities who have compromised immunity and or respiratory conditions. As well as this, each day, more and more people in the community are facing job loss and financial hardship.
We appreciate that this is very concerning time for all, and we want to do everything in our power to help support the emotional wellbeing of all stakeholders of the organisation by offering 1 paid hour of counselling. To access the program, please Senior Admin Officer Debra Anderson on 8340 2000 or via firstname.lastname@example.org who register your details and advise you of the process.
Do you require extra support during these challenging times? Our Support Coordination services are still available via Skype, Zoom, phone and email. Support Coordination services can now be accessed through your core budget in your NDIS plan.
If you currently have a Support Coordinator, please let them know if you need a change of circumstances review due to COVID-19. Please also keep them updated with how your support needs may be affected. This includes your:
- physical supports
- mental supports
- In-home supports
- Community Supports
Latest Coronavirus Advice for Easter
To stop the spread of Coronavirus, the Deputy Chief Public Health officer has called for public action on the following:
- Non-essential travel within South Australia is discouraged and South Australians are urged to stay at home this Easter.
- Non-essential travellers crossing the border into South Australia are being stopped by SA Police and are required to identify a suitable place of quarantine for 14 days. They will also be required to identify the most direct route to this location.
- All new arrivals into Australia are being quarantined in their port of arrival in supervised accommodation for 14 daysto ensure compliance.
- If you have been directed by a health professional or law enforcement agency to quarantine for 14 days, you must do so.
- SA Health and SA Police are working together to monitor people who should be in quarantine and fines may be issued to people who breach these directives.
- SA Health is urging all South Australians over 6 months to get immunised against seasonal influenza. People can seek the vaccine through their GP, Healthcare provider or local pharmacy.
- Gatherings of 10 people or less is allowed in South Australia provided that social distancing guidelines are adhered to, although limiting the number of people gathering to two is encouraged.
Fancy having a good chat with others over a hot cuppa?
To help you connect with others whilst everyone is self-isolating, Enhanced Lifestyles will be holding its first-ever online Members Coffee via Zoom on Wednesday 29th of April 2020 from 1.00-2.30PM. We will trial run the online version of Coffee Club this month and if it is successful, we will continue to run it via Zoom in the coming months whilst self-isolation guidelines are in place.
We look forward to seeing a few familiar faces and some new ones! The Coffee Club will be hosted by the Communications and Engagement Officer and we will also be joined by a Board Member on the day.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Due to the Government self-isolation guidelines, Enhanced Lifestyles training will be delivered in an online format over the coming months to protect the health and safety of all stakeholders of the organisation.
The Growing Space has developed several useful resources to assist individuals in the disability sector during COVID-19.
The resources include:
- COVID-19 Webinar for Participants and Families – practical strategies and ideas
- Can I Buy It?” – FOUR Big Questions during COVID-19 for NDIS participants
- Coronavirus/COVID19 Easy English Resources
- Staying safer in a Wheelchair
- Top 31 Ways to use Support Workers while avoiding COVID-19
- A STOP Sign for your door
- Emergency Contacts List
- COVID-10 Webinar for Support Coordinators – practical strategies and ideas
You can view these resources here