Today it was announced that South Australia will be going into lockdown, effective from 6pm tonight, 20th July, until Tuesday, 27th July.
The health and wellbeing of all Customers and staff is our highest priority. We want to reassure you that we are here to provide our full support during this challenging time and assist you with any concerns.
Premier Steven Marshall addressed the media earlier this morning regarding the current COVID-19 climate in the state.
South Australians have been urged to stay at home from 6pm tonight unless for essential reasons including:
- Care and compassion grounds
- Essential Work
- Essential Goods
- Medical reasons including getting vaccinated
- Exercise with those in your household
Our response to the lockdown:
As we are an essential service, we will continue to provide support to Customers whilst keeping their health and wellbeing at the forefront every step of the way.
Enhanced Lifestyles Mask Direction
We kindly request that Lifestyle Attendants wear a face mask for the next seven days whilst providing services to Customers.
As we are unsure of the exact level of COVID-19 transmission amongst the community, we need to take the necessary precautions to safeguard Customers and staff from exposure to germs.
The following exceptions apply to wearing a face mask whilst on shift:
- The Customer and/or Lifestyle Attendant providing services is not required to wear a mask if it hinders service provision or impacts the Customers safety.
- A Customer receiving individual support in their own home is not expected to wear a mask.
- Lifestyle Attendants and/or Customers are not required to wear a mask if they have a relevant medical condition, including problems with their breathing or a serious condition of the face.
- A mask is not required to be worn in circumstances where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication. Such as to enable communication by or with any person who is deaf or hard of hearing.
- A Customer or live-in Lifestyle Attendant of a Supported Independent Living (SIL) house may be exempt from wearing a mask if it has been risk assessed as causing distress or inconvenience for the Customer. Including circumstances in which it is not possible to comply with the physical distancing principle.
All in-home services will continue to go ahead as planned. This also includes social shifts to ensure Customers are staying well connected.
Lifestyle Attendants are to ensure they are wearing the correct personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times when personal care tasks are being performed.
We have requested that community access be limited unless for one of the essential reasons listed above. Lifestyle Attendants can support Customers to the shops for groceries and other items of this nature.
As stated in the essential reasons above, outdoor exercise is permitted with those in your household. Because we are an essential service, Lifestyle Attendants can provide social support to Customers by getting out of the house and into the fresh air.
If Customers would like to access the community, we have requested that they do this within their local area if possible. Customers and Lifestyle Attendants are to maintain appropriate social distancing from other members of the public. We have asked that Customers communicate this with Lifestyle Attendants to ensure they are comfortable accompanying them.
The service delivery team will be fully staffed in the Welland office to facilitate roster enquiries, or any concerns Customers and staff may have. Please be patient whilst calling the office as we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls.
All other operations departments will be staffed in the Welland office to continue with their tasks as required, this also includes our Berri office in the Riverland.
If you are unwell and experiencing symptoms of any kind, please undertake a COVID-19 test at your earliest convenience and self-isolate until a negative result is received.
Lifestyle Attendants, please notify the office two hours before your shift commences if you are unwell and cannot attend it. By being proactive with this, it will allow the service delivery team to arrange a cover shift, ensuring the Customer receives their support.
As a general reminder, please continue practising correct hand hygiene techniques by regularly washing your hands and applying hand sanitiser. Performing these tasks can significantly reduce the spread of germs.
We are carefully monitoring the situation as it develops and will act in accordance with the latest advice provided by SA Health.
It is important that we remain alert and adaptive to change during these unprecedented times and always maintain open lines of communication with one another.
As always, our team is here to support you during this challenging time. If you have any worries or want a listening ear, please get in touch with us on (08) 8340 2000, and our friendly support staff will assist you.
We thank you for your understanding with this.
Enhanced Lifestyles Inc.